From: John Pinto John on

I want to update vista with service pack2 so I downloaded service pack2 and
at the time of uploading it says I need to download service pack1. Then I
downloaded service pack 1 and while updating it says service pack is already
installed.

Other question is every one minute I get the message with the icon stating
new updates are available. ( my auto update is on) When I check the history
it keeps on updating the same update.

Any one has a solution for this?
From: Shenan Stanley on
John Pinto wrote:
> I want to update vista with service pack2 so I downloaded service
> pack2 and at the time of uploading it says I need to download
> service pack1. Then I downloaded service pack 1 and while
> updating it says service pack is already installed.
>
> Other question is every one minute I get the message with the icon
> stating new updates are available. ( my auto update is on) When I
> check the history it keeps on updating the same update.
>
> Any one has a solution for this?

32 or 64-bit Windows Vista _____ Edition?
What AntiVirus product is instaled? Is it updated (does it stay that way?)
Any third party firewall software installed?
When was the last time you checked for spyware/adware?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Ǝиçεl on
John,

Fяee unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows Vista SP2 issues until August 30, 2010.

Availability of chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic
location.

Some issues may require more advanced support for which there is a charge.

Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13014&gprid=582034> &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).
-=-