From: Virgilijus on
When I do the windows update, KB979099 errors out with error 0x643.
From: Ǝиçεl on
Please include what Operating System and Service Pack level are you using?,
and perhaps what other antivirus or antimalware software you may have
installed, Security suite and firewall, etc. etc.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

<http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/threads>

On the web:
WSUS General
<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services>

In your newsreader:
-=-

From: molsaniceman on
i get the same message when i try to install framework 3.5 and its about
impossible to find someone who knows wht error 0x643 means im on xp with
window defender as my anti-virus

From: MowGreen on
Windows Defender is NOT an antivirus. Perhaps your system is now
infected because NO AV is installed ?

Using Internet Explorer, have it scanned here:

Which malware was detected and, hopefully, removed by the OneCare scanner ?

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Hide it then move on to more important matters (e.g., whirled peas).