From: Uno on
Peter Flass wrote:
> Dann Corbit wrote:
>>> [snip code]
>>> Does that mean you don't understand Uno's question,
>>> or don't know the answer?
>>>
>>> In case you don't understand the question, it appears
>>> to be: "What command is used to compile the code?"
>>
>> It will depend on the operating system.
>> Probably JCL along the lines of:
>> // EXEC PL1LFCLG,REGION.PL1L=256K
>
> or "plic -C" <filename>

I'll restate the question, and I'm sure you'll get my drift. When I
compile off a command line, I keep the command lines I used as the final
comments in that file. So there might, in fortran, exist

implicit real
pi = 4.0 * atan(1.0)
print *, pi
endprogram

!here it comes, the goocher:

! gfortran pi1.f90 -o out

1) What did you name this pli thing?

2) What command compiled it?

3) How does one comment in pli?

4) How does one caquire a pli facilty on ubuntu?

Thanks for your comment,
and holy balls did I get healthy today,
--
Uno

From: robin on
"James Waldby" <no(a)no.no> wrote in message news:i39iqp$sg7$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
| On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 20:41:15 +1000, robin wrote:
| > "Uno" <merrilljensen> wrote:
| [snip code]
| >> If you were to comment out the PL/I command line that compiled this,
| >> what would it be?
| >
| > ???
|
| Does that mean you don't understand Uno's question,
| or don't know the answer?

It means that the question makes no sense.

From: robin on
"Dann Corbit" <dcorbit(a)connx.com> wrote in message news:MPG.26c1f325a9d5e75f989725(a)news.eternal-september.org...

| It will depend on the operating system.
| Probably JCL along the lines of:
| // EXEC PL1LFCLG,REGION.PL1L=256K

or
PLI <filename>

on the PC for various compilers.

From: Uno on
robin wrote:
> "James Waldby" <no(a)no.no> wrote in message news:i39iqp$sg7$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> | On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 20:41:15 +1000, robin wrote:
> | > "Uno" <merrilljensen> wrote:
> | [snip code]
> | >
> | > ???
> |
> | Does that mean you don't understand Uno's question,
> | or don't know the answer?
>
> It means that the question makes no sense.

Does this make sense?

I'll restate the question, and I'm sure you'll get my drift. When I
compile off a command line, I keep the command lines I used as the final
comments in that file. So there might, in fortran, exist

implicit real
pi = 4.0 * atan(1.0)
print *, pi
endprogram

!here it comes, the goocher:

! gfortran pi1.f90 -o out

1) What did you name this pli thing?

2) What command compiled it?

3) How does one comment in pli?

4) How does one acquire a pli facilty on ubuntu?
--
Uno
From: robin on
"Uno" <merrilljensen(a)q.com> wrote in message news:8c0nh6FkkvU1(a)mid.individual.net...

| I'll restate the question, and I'm sure you'll get my drift. When I
| compile off a command line, I keep the command lines I used as the final
| comments in that file. So there might, in fortran, exist
|
| implicit real
| pi = 4.0 * atan(1.0)
| print *, pi
| endprogram