From: mecej4 on
Uno wrote:

> robin wrote:
>> "James Waldby" <no(a)no.no> wrote in message
>> | [snip code]

>> | Does that mean you don't understand Uno's question,
>> | or don't know the answer?
>>
>> It means that the question makes no sense.
>>

> Does this make sense?
>
> I'll restate the question, and I'm sure you'll get my drift. When I
> compile off a command line, I keep the command lines I used as the final
> comments in that file. So there might, in fortran, exist
>
> implicit real
> pi = 4.0 * atan(1.0)
> print *, pi
> endprogram
>
> !here it comes, the goocher:
>
> ! gfortran pi1.f90 -o out
>
> 1) What did you name this pli thing?
>
> 2) What command compiled it?
>
> 3) How does one comment in pli?
>
> 4) How does one acquire a pli facilty on ubuntu?

Those kinds of basic questions are mostly covered by the PL/I FAQ, which is
posted quite regularly in this newsgroup.

As far as I am aware, there is no production quality native PL/I compiler
available for Linux. There is VisualAge PL/I for Windows, which IBM makes
available through its Scholars Program to those who qualify or which may be
purchased (at significant cost) as part of the Rational Developer for
System Z product.

-- mecej4