From: Robin Bignall on
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:28:42 +0000, Wilf <wilf(a)replyto.newsgroup>
wrote:

>Robin Bignall wrote:
>> Thanks for that. I wonder why Kaspersky chose to release this as a
>> separate download (which was not communicated to licensed users)
>> rather than an automatic update.
>
>It was an autoupdate. KIS2010 v 9.0.0.736 was, by and large, the
>problem version (although there were some issues with earlier versions)
>and is still the current version but the updates turn it into 9.0.0.736
>(a.b)

Unless it was actually released yesterday it didn't auto-update here.
--
Robin
(BrE)
From: Wilf on
Robin Bignall wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:28:42 +0000, Wilf<wilf(a)replyto.newsgroup>
> wrote:
>
>> Robin Bignall wrote:
>>> Thanks for that. I wonder why Kaspersky chose to release this as a
>>> separate download (which was not communicated to licensed users)
>>> rather than an automatic update.
>>
>> It was an autoupdate. KIS2010 v 9.0.0.736 was, by and large, the
>> problem version (although there were some issues with earlier versions)
>> and is still the current version but the updates turn it into 9.0.0.736
>> (a.b)
>
> Unless it was actually released yesterday it didn't auto-update here.

it was released a couple of weeks ago. If you right-click the K icon in
the system tray, then in "About" you can see what version you are using.
Is it 736 (a.b) ?

--
Wilf
From: Robin Bignall on
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 10:55:07 +0000, Wilf <wilf(a)replyto.newsgroup>
wrote:

>Robin Bignall wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:28:42 +0000, Wilf<wilf(a)replyto.newsgroup>
>> wrote:

>>> It was an autoupdate. KIS2010 v 9.0.0.736 was, by and large, the
>>> problem version (although there were some issues with earlier versions)
>>> and is still the current version but the updates turn it into 9.0.0.736
>>> (a.b)
>>
>> Unless it was actually released yesterday it didn't auto-update here.
>
>it was released a couple of weeks ago. If you right-click the K icon in
>the system tray, then in "About" you can see what version you are using.
> Is it 736 (a.b) ?

Yes it is now, but only after I manually downloaded 736. After I saw
the post here I checked my version, which was not at 736 level but
which did carry the current day's date, implying that the day's
updating had been done. Anyway, I'm on a.b now. Incidentally, the
same thing happened when I was on K7. I saw that K9 had been released
in a newsgroup, and had to download it. Most of my other purchased
software lets users know when there's a new version/release available
if there's not an auto-update.
--
Robin
(BrE)
From: Wilf on
Robin Bignall wrote:
Most of my other purchased
> software lets users know when there's a new version/release available
> if there's not an auto-update.

I thought KIS was supposed to alert users to a new version now, but it
certainly doesn't seem to. However, this upgrade, from 736 to
736(a.b), is achieved through the normal signature update mechanism.

--
Wilf