From: Atishoo on
Hi all
Am wanting to keep a text box visible while scrolling, I cant use freeze
panes as I need the whole page to scroll behind a position locked text box.

I am thinking can i create a formula to trigger when scrolling that will
dynamically recalculate the "top" property of the text box to hold it in
position??
From: Dave Peterson on
Excel doesn't have any event for scrolling.

But you could reposition the textbox after you've changed the selection.

If that's ok,

What's the name of the textbox?
Was it from the Drawing toolbar or from the Control Toolbox toolbar?

===
Someone did post an API/MSIE object (I think) that did do this, but it was too
complex for me.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Atishoo on
Hi Dave

Its a forms menu text box not an active x.

Was wondering if trigering it as mouse over might work while scrolling given
that cels move past the cursor while scrolling (though that of course would
necessitate the cursor being over the set worksheet area at the time).
Text box is originally named "Text Box 1"

thanks

From: Atishoo on
Aaach! that wont work either will it because mose move only applys to objects
and not forms objects!! blast

From: Dave Peterson on
Do you mean a textbox from the Drawing toolbar?

There isn't a textbox on the Forms toolbar (unless you've modified that
toolbar).

And did you need help with the worksheet_selectionchange code?

--

Dave Peterson