From: JoeM on
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the
column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to
become more formuliar with excel?

JoeM
From: JLatham on
JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of
the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the
new data, you simply run that macro.

As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I
suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For
Dummies..." series of hardcopy books for introducing and elaborating on an
applications abilities.

For that matter, a web search for the anser to a question such as "how do I
add the total for a column in Excel" would probably turn up many answers. So
perhaps asking such questions in a web search can tailor your reading
material. Or even "Can I .... in Excel" might turn up good responses. And
then there are always these forums and the new Microsoft Answers forums with
their portal at:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

From: JoeM on
Thanks. I was able to find a ebook called Learn 2007 which was pretty
insightful. I'm stuff on my pareto's they just aren't coming out like i'd
like them.
Again
Thanks
Joe