From: Mike Jones on

Anybody know of a list of kernel boot parameters?

I'm not talking kernel programmer level stuff, just "interesting\useful
things you could do with your boot options" things.

ie: How to disable ntfs drivers, how to disable raid probing, etc.

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.
From: Lew Pitcher on
On August 1, 2010 18:34, in alt.os.linux.slackware, luck(a)dasteem.invalid
wrote:

> Anybody know of a list of kernel boot parameters?
>
> I'm not talking kernel programmer level stuff, just "interesting\useful
> things you could do with your boot options" things.
>
> ie: How to disable ntfs drivers, how to disable raid probing, etc.

Take a look at
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernal-parameters.txt

<quote>
Kernel Parameters
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following is a consolidated list of the kernel parameters as implemented
(mostly) by the __setup() macro and sorted into English Dictionary order
(defined as ignoring all punctuation and sorting digits before letters in a
case insensitive manner), and with descriptions where known.
</quote>

--
Lew Pitcher

From: Lew Pitcher on
On August 1, 2010 18:38, in alt.os.linux.slackware, lpitcher(a)teksavvy.com
wrote:

> On August 1, 2010 18:34, in alt.os.linux.slackware, luck(a)dasteem.invalid
> wrote:
>

>> Anybody know of a list of kernel boot parameters?
>>
>> I'm not talking kernel programmer level stuff, just "interesting\useful
>> things you could do with your boot options" things.
>>
>> ie: How to disable ntfs drivers, how to disable raid probing, etc.
>
> Take a look at
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernal-parameters.txt

Oops. Finger-check

Make that
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

--
Lew Pitcher

From: Mike Jones on
Responding to Lew Pitcher:

> On August 1, 2010 18:38, in alt.os.linux.slackware,
> lpitcher(a)teksavvy.com wrote:
>
>> On August 1, 2010 18:34, in alt.os.linux.slackware,
>> luck(a)dasteem.invalid wrote:
>>

>>> Anybody know of a list of kernel boot parameters?
>>>
>>> I'm not talking kernel programmer level stuff, just
>>> "interesting\useful things you could do with your boot options"
>>> things.
>>>
>>> ie: How to disable ntfs drivers, how to disable raid probing, etc.
>>
>> Take a look at
>> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernal-parameters.txt
>
> Oops. Finger-check
>
> Make that
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
>
>> <quote>
>> Kernel Parameters
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> The following is a consolidated list of the kernel parameters as
>> implemented (mostly) by the __setup() macro and sorted into English
>> Dictionary order (defined as ignoring all punctuation and sorting
>> digits before letters in a case insensitive manner), and with
>> descriptions where known. </quote>

And I was just about to post up I'd found
http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

Typical Slackware. Its right under your nose all along. ;)

Cheers!

--
*=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
*=( For all your UK news needs.
From: Grant on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:38:14 -0400, Lew Pitcher <lpitcher(a)teksavvy.com> wrote:

>On August 1, 2010 18:34, in alt.os.linux.slackware, luck(a)dasteem.invalid
>wrote:
>

>> Anybody know of a list of kernel boot parameters?
>>
>> I'm not talking kernel programmer level stuff, just "interesting\useful
>> things you could do with your boot options" things.
>>
>> ie: How to disable ntfs drivers, how to disable raid probing, etc.
>
>Take a look at
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernal-parameters.txt

Did you copy/paste that link? Spellink!