From: Scott Sauyet on
On Jan 22, 11:09 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> [H]ave I ever failed to surprise?

Continually. Of course you could shock everyone here by endorsing
MooTools! :-)

-- Scott
From: David Mark on
Scott Sauyet wrote:
> On Jan 22, 11:09 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> [H]ave I ever failed to surprise?
>
> Continually.

What is obvious to some is often surprising to others.

> Of course you could shock everyone here by endorsing
> MooTools! :-)

Now that would be a surprise. Mootools is just another 50-100K of JS
that is _constantly_ changed by various deluded hacks and occasionally
crystallizes into something that appears to work in three or four of the
latest browsers (in their default configurations). How is that worth...
anything? And it's a _really_ stupid name too. I'm trying to imagine
corporate IT types dropping that into a conversation. Can't do it.
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
David Mark wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> David Mark wrote:
>>> I haven't read the article,
>> You should.
>
> Why? I don't need help with it. :)

I don't think you ... wait, this thread is at the verge of getting
recursive. We better end it while we still can.

>>> but I can tell you it isn't hard to do cross-browser keyboard
>>> monitoring.
>> I don't think you are already in a position to make that assessment.
>
> How would you know?

You have not read the article yet.

>>> I had never had a call for it until recently and was pleasantly
>>> surprised at how trivial it turned out to be. Yes, that script will
>>> likely end up in My Library as attachKeyboardListeners (or something
>>> like that). It is already part of the upcoming sequel.
>> I'd be positively surprised if it did as advertised.
>
> What did I advertise

That your code/My Library can do "cross-browser keyboard monitoring".

> and have I ever failed to surprise?

No; sometimes unfortunately.

PointedEars
--