From: Dan C on
On 2010-01-08, HITman wrote:
> Most, if not all, may care less, that I'm changing my Net handle.
> But for the sake of my pseudonym's history, I've decided to cease
> using "sk8r-365".

<SNIP>

Noted. Curious, however, that you requested followups to "alt.survivor"
(which I chose to not do). Why would you post to this Linux group, but
want followups to that group?

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.
From: jellybean stonerfish on
On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 04:31:46 +0000, Dan C wrote:

> On 2010-01-08, HITman wrote:
>> Most, if not all, may care less, that I'm changing my Net handle. But
>> for the sake of my pseudonym's history, I've decided to cease using
>> "sk8r-365".
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Noted. Curious, however, that you requested followups to "alt.survivor"
> (which I chose to not do). Why would you post to this Linux group, but
> want followups to that group?

I am wondering why he is changing his name to HITman, instead of
Walkman. 20 months from now, he can change it to Sitman.

From: jellybean stonerfish on
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 22:55:12 -0600, HITman wrote:

> In witness thereof, jellybean stonerfish stated:
>>
>> I am wondering why he is changing his name to HITman, instead of
>> Walkman. 20 months from now, he can change it to Sitman.
>
> LOL! Good pithy reply.
>
> G'night,

Thanks for not getting angry.

From: J.O. Aho on
HITman wrote:
> In witness thereof, Dan C stated:
>> On 2010-01-08, HITman wrote:
>>> Most, if not all, may care less, that I'm changing my Net handle.
>>> But for the sake of my pseudonym's history, I've decided to cease
>>> using "sk8r-365".
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Noted. Curious, however, that you requested followups to "alt.survivor"
>> (which I chose to not do). Why would you post to this Linux group, but
>> want followups to that group?
>
> Good questions. I read alt.survival most nowadays and occasion
> alt.os.linux and .debian. Plus, as you know, Net protocol frowns on
> multi-posting and recommends Followup To: one group.

Yes, but multiposting ain't the same as crossposting, two completely different
things.

The followup has a really bad thing, that others can't follow the continual
discussion without subscribing to yet another newsgroup and I don't like to
subscribe newsgroups I don't follow just to follow a discussion, I rather
cancel my post (if I have made one).

--

//Aho