From: Denise on
My multi-user dbs (backend file) doesn't always close the laccdb file even
though everyone tells me they have closed the database. When I try to run
compact and repair, the error message that the action cannot be performed
until the database is free. It names me as a ADMIN user.

Any explanation for this situation or tips?
Thanks.
From: Jerry Whittle on
At least one of your users does not have Delete privileges to the folder
holding that file. All users should have Read/Write/Create/Delete privileges
for the database file(s) and the entire folder holding it.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Denise on
Thanks Jerry. Your answer was perfect. After looking at all user permissions,
I discovered that one person was out-of-sync. I was then able to work with
our network people to get this straightened out. Not only was the laccdb
file staying locked, but this account was interfering with ability of other
users to fully use the database as intended.