From: John on
Access V97.
I have a 5 to 8 row combo box [cboOC1] with column heads.
I do a gotocontrol to [cboOC1] and also a dropdown.
Everything OK to this point.

This leaves the selection on the header row, so the user has
to cursor down (down arrow) one time before an actual selection
is highlited.

I would like to place the selection on the first actual selection.
Looks like the Selected property is what I need, but that's
for listboxes.

Is there a method to do this for a combo?

Thankyou
John

From: Steve on
Select the combobox and go to properties. Where it says Show Column Heads,
change to No. Add a label(s) above the combobox to identify the column(s).

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
To have it on the first row of data when opening the form and moving to the
combobox
:
Private Sub Form_Load()
Me.ComboBox = Me.ComboBox.ItemData(1)
End Sub

To have it on the first row of data each time you move to a different record,
place the same code in the Form_Current event.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

From: John on
Steve,
Unfortunately that might work for a fixed control, like a listbox,
but a combo list can open in different positions depending on how
many records are returned. If a dropdowned list of a combo hits the
screen edge or screen bottom, it shifts itself to a new position, in an
attempt
to show the complete list.
All eight of these combos by necessity are located low on the form, and
usually deliver 3 to 8, but as many as 10 selections, so they will all
dropdown into a different position accordingly.
Thanks for your reply,
John

From: John on
I forgot two critical items in my question.
1. cboOC1 is an unbound combobox
2. I don't want to select the first legitimate record, just
position the selector there.
Thanks everyone...
John

"John" <newsgroups(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Access V97.
> I have a 5 to 8 row combo box [cboOC1] with column heads.
> I do a gotocontrol to [cboOC1] and also a dropdown.
> Everything OK to this point.
>
> This leaves the selection on the header row, so the user has
> to cursor down (down arrow) one time before an actual selection
> is highlited.
>
> I would like to place the selection on the first actual selection.
> Looks like the Selected property is what I need, but that's
> for listboxes.
>
> Is there a method to do this for a combo?
>
> Thankyou
> John
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3