From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-01-07, Armin Zingler <az.nospam(a)freenet.de> wrote:
> Mr. Arnold schrieb:
>> You should pull the data 'q' with no order by
>>
>> This is C# example as close as I can get it. I don't have code in front
>> of me.
>>
>> var a = q.orderacending(b => b.Property).Tolist();
>>

>> I don't know if you have Lambda statement in VB.
>
> I'm afraid, I can't read and translate this sCrabble# code. Thx anyway.

I think the Mr. Arnold was implying something like this:

Option Explicit On
Option Strict On
Option Infer On

Module Module1
Dim rnd As New Random

Sub Main()
Dim lst As New List(Of TestClass)

For i As Integer = 1 To 100
lst.Add(New TestClass(rnd.Next(1, 101), Chr(rnd.Next(65, 91))))
Next

Dim orderByInt As Func(Of TestClass, Integer) = Function(x As TestClass) x.I
Dim orderByString As Func(Of TestClass, String) = Function(x As TestClass) x.S

Dim q As IEnumerable(Of TestClass) = From t In lst Select t

Console.WriteLine("======================== Order By Int ================")
For Each t In q.OrderBy(orderByInt)
Console.WriteLine("{0} : {1}", t.I, t.S)
Next
Console.ReadLine()
Console.WriteLine("======================== Order By string ================")
For Each t In q.OrderBy(orderByString)
Console.WriteLine("{0} : {1}", t.I, t.S)
Next

End Sub

Public Class TestClass
Public I As Integer
Public S As String

Public Sub New(ByVal i As Integer, ByVal s As String)
Me.I = i
Me.S = s
End Sub
End Class
End Module

HTH
--
Tom Shelton
From: Armin Zingler on
Tom Shelton schrieb:

> I think the Mr. Arnold was implying something like this:
>
> Option Explicit On
> Option Strict On
> Option Infer On
>
> [...]

Just wanted to say thank you so far only in the meantime because I haven't
read/tried it yet because the problem has been solved as mentioned in my other
replay.

--
Armin
First  |  Prev  |