From: Siegfried Heintze on
Can I use LINQ with MSAccess Northwind? When I use Visual Studio to drag and
drop the northwind Access database, it says the drivers are not supported!
Why not?
thanks,
Siegfried

From: Alberto Poblacion on
"Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried(a)heintze.com> wrote in message
> Can I use LINQ with MSAccess Northwind? When I use Visual Studio to drag
> and drop the northwind Access database, it says the drivers are not
> supported! Why not?

The designer in Visual Studio only supports Linq-to-Sql, but not other
databases. There is, AFAIK, no Linq-to-OleDb. You can still use Linq on
Northwind.mdb if you first use a TableAdapter to transfer the data into a
DataSet in memory, and then you use Linq on that DataSet.

From: Patrice on
Hi,

Linq to Sql is SQL Server only. Linq To Entity Framework needs a provider so
would have to find or write one
(http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/EFSampleProvider).

Unless you have a strong Access requirement, it's likely time to move to SQL
Server (perhaps Sql Server Compact)...
--
Patrice

"Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried(a)heintze.com> a �crit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : ug66AQ52KHA.3844(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: Mr. Arnold on
Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> Can I use LINQ with MSAccess Northwind? When I use Visual Studio to drag and
> drop the northwind Access database, it says the drivers are not supported!
> Why not?

Linq-2-SQL nor ADO.NET Entity Framework support the Access database. The
Entity Framework does support other database providers other than SQL
Server.

However, there is a 3rd party Linq provider that does support Access and
other database providers.

It's called ALinq.

http://www.alinq.org/en/default.aspx