From: James_101 on
My AW 7 piece will run on an LMS put out by Plateau. The customer is a large
corporation and I would prefer that the user download a web player from the
company's intranet rather than from macromedia's web site. It's likely that
not all computers have access to the internet.

With my AW7 pieces that are not launched from an LMS, I put the web player
2004 installer in the same folder as the html file and I use this code:

<OBJECT ID="AuthorwareShockwaveControl0"
CLASSID="CLSID:15B782AF-55D8-11D1-B477-006097098764"

CODEBASE="AW_Web_Player/awswaxd.cab#version=2004,0,0,73" width="150"
height="55">
<param name="SRC" value="menu.aam">
<param name="WINDOW" value="onTopMinimize">
<param name="PALETTE" value="foreground">
<param name="DEBUG" value>

</OBJECT>

This approach works well.

I am reluctant to modify the code in the html file (obtained thru one button
publishing) for the LMS installation because I don't want to upset any links
between the piece and the LMS. I did replace the path to the Macromedia player
with a relative path to the 2004 player located in the same folder as the html
file. I replaced:

value="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/authorware/awswax70.cab
#version=7,0,0,69">\n');
with
value="AW_Web_Player/awswaxd.cab#version=2004,0,0,73">\n');

but with the latter code, the player did not download.

I have two questions:

1. In an html file used with an LMS, how can I download a player that's
located on the intranet server?
2. In this html file, can I add text that the user will view without
affecting the link between the LMS and AW piece?

Thanks.

Jim