From: Gordon Henderson on
Bit stuck here - anyone using LXC?

I seem to have it all setup according to what I can find online.
I can lxc-create a container, but when I try to run it, I get
this:

lxc-start: failed to clone(0x6c020000): No space left on device
lxc-start: No space left on device - failed to fork into a new namespace
lxc-start: failed to spawn '/sbin/init'
lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to remove cgroup '/cgroup/xyz'

Sort of pulling my hair out - followed all the examples, but I get
that everytime I try to start a container - even an empty one running
/bin/bash. Google is only showing me one other instance of this issue -
with no real resolution, alas...

It's Debian Lenny with the debian package from sid installed (but I've
also tried compiling from source - identical results) Made sure the kernel
has all the right things in it - lxc-checkconf passes all test OK:

# lxc-checkconfig
From: Gordon Henderson on
In article <hlv38f$30k4$1(a)energise.enta.net>,
Gordon Henderson <gordon+usenet(a)drogon.net> wrote:
>Bit stuck here - anyone using LXC?
>
>I seem to have it all setup according to what I can find online.
>I can lxc-create a container, but when I try to run it, I get
>this:
>
>lxc-start: failed to clone(0x6c020000): No space left on device
>lxc-start: No space left on device - failed to fork into a new namespace
>lxc-start: failed to spawn '/sbin/init'
>lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to remove cgroup '/cgroup/xyz'

Well, in-case anyone else gets this, it seems to be down the the
kernel version in-use. I was using 2.6.32, but when I went back
to 2.6.31, everything "just worked".

It may still be some obscure kernel setting, but I'll go through that
when I have more time.

Gordon