From: me here on
B J Foster wrote:

> me here wrote:
> > B J Foster wrote:

> >> Yesterday he said that Google may have collected people's bank
> >> details. Stupid idiot has started a whole new wave of uncertainty
> in >> banking, where the banks have put an enormous effort into
> security.
> > >
> >> His other clanger is publically commenting on iiNet's copyright
> case. >> He'll become a major liability to Labor when iiNet sues him.
> >
> > Naughty Google.
> >
> > What a beat up.
> >

> Yes, naughty Google - but that's not the point. Online banking uses
> SSL - no way could Google collect anyone's banking details.

Absolutely, that's why it's such a huge beatup.

The data they would have been able to collect just by driving past
would be basic hardware and ISP information that they could use for
market research.

Nothing sinister about that.
From: me here on
terryc wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:52:50 +1000, B J Foster wrote:
>

> > Yesterday he said that Google may have collected people's bank
> > details.
>
> At first I was "stupid idiot politician", but apparently google has
> been reported muttering rogue employee in the US. still not certain
> if that is just media BS as the supposed 600Gb of "private" data
> seems very, very low for the USA.
>
> > Stupid idiot has started a whole new wave of uncertainty in banking,
> > where the banks have put an enormous effort into security.
>
> Well, if it is really secure, then there is no problem. If it was
> just security by (another) obscurity, then it was inevitable.
>

> > His other clanger is publically commenting on iiNet's copyright
> > case. He'll become a major liability to Labor when iiNet sues him.
>
> Naah, both parties are now conservative and intrusive control of you
> to maximise your economic production. Labor stopped representing the
> working man in the 70's when their local branches were manipulated to
> select professionals; people who had never worked at a real job in
> their life. Even Graham West, who resigned on principle(wow), had
> never worked at a real job.
>
> haven't you noticed that Labor under Rudd is more divisive then
> Little Johhny. irt is always we are going to take money off these
> cheats and bludgers(miners, single mums, disabled, pensions, etc) and
> you will get more.

Even if there was a security issue, what would be the chances of a
Google van driving past your house at the very moment you keyed in your
bank details?

About a zillion zillion to one.

Conroy probably looks out th window to see if a vans parked outside
before he turns on his PC.

That's if he knows how to use one.

From: SG1 on

"me here" <gloaming_agnet(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> terryc wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:52:50 +1000, B J Foster wrote:
>>

>> > Yesterday he said that Google may have collected people's bank
>> > details.
>>
>> At first I was "stupid idiot politician", but apparently google has
>> been reported muttering rogue employee in the US. still not certain
>> if that is just media BS as the supposed 600Gb of "private" data
>> seems very, very low for the USA.
>>
>> > Stupid idiot has started a whole new wave of uncertainty in banking,
>> > where the banks have put an enormous effort into security.
>>
>> Well, if it is really secure, then there is no problem. If it was
>> just security by (another) obscurity, then it was inevitable.
>>

>> > His other clanger is publically commenting on iiNet's copyright
>> > case. He'll become a major liability to Labor when iiNet sues him.
>>
>> Naah, both parties are now conservative and intrusive control of you
>> to maximise your economic production. Labor stopped representing the
>> working man in the 70's when their local branches were manipulated to
>> select professionals; people who had never worked at a real job in
>> their life. Even Graham West, who resigned on principle(wow), had
>> never worked at a real job.
>>
>> haven't you noticed that Labor under Rudd is more divisive then
>> Little Johhny. irt is always we are going to take money off these
>> cheats and bludgers(miners, single mums, disabled, pensions, etc) and
>> you will get more.
>

> Even if there was a security issue, what would be the chances of a
> Google van driving past your house at the very moment you keyed in your
> bank details?
>
> About a zillion zillion to one.
>
> Conroy probably looks out th window to see if a vans parked outside
> before he turns on his PC.

Does he have kids??? May not know how to turn on his missus/mister........

From: Clocky on
terryc wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:38:37 +1100, me here wrote:
>
>> terryc wrote:

>>> At first I was "stupid idiot politician", but apparently google has
>>> been reported muttering rogue employee in the US. still not certain
>>> if that is just media BS as the supposed 600Gb of "private" data
>>> seems very, very low for the USA.

>>> Well, if it is really secure, then there is no problem. If it was
>>> just security by (another) obscurity, then it was inevitable.

>>> Naah, both parties are now conservative and intrusive control of
>>> you to maximise your economic production. Labor stopped
>>> representing the working man in the 70's when their local branches
>>> were manipulated to select professionals; people who had never
>>> worked at a real job in their life. Even Graham West, who resigned
>>> on principle(wow), had never worked at a real job.
>>>
>>> haven't you noticed that Labor under Rudd is more divisive then
>>> Little Johhny. irt is always we are going to take money off these
>>> cheats and bludgers(miners, single mums, disabled, pensions, etc)
>>> and you will get more.
>>

>> Even if there was a security issue, what would be the chances of a
>> Google van driving past your house at the very moment you keyed in
>> your bank details?
>>
>> About a zillion zillion to one.
>
> No, there is a definite way you can be sure the google van will turn
> up; your lawn hasn't been mowed for months, the full rubbish bin has
> been knocked and rubbish everywhere, your car looks like it just
> surfaced from a mud lake, the kids have toys every where, the garden
> pruning are piled on the footpath along with your old mattress,
> lounge and TV awaiting council pick up. Then you should go inside and
> start your banking as the google car will almost certain turn up to
> photograph your house and suck down your banking details. {:-).

Wouldn't matter, your last $20 would have gone towards a pack of Winny
Blues.

From: Jock on

: terryc wrote:
:
: Conroy probably looks out th window to see if a vans parked outside
: before he turns on his PC.
:
: That's if he knows how to use one.
: