From: John on
Hi,

I tried your suggestion and went to the network administrator. EVERYONE had full permissions to the server.

I physically went to each workstation, and they had all closed their front-ends.

I have no idea how to get rid of these .Laccdb files. Windows won't let me delete them even though no one is using the databases!

Please help!!

Jerry Whittle wrote:

At least one of your users does not have Delete privileges to the
27-Jan-10

At least one of your users does not have Delete privileges to the folder
holding that file. All users should have Read/Write/Create/Delete privileges
for the database file(s) and the entire folder holding it.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Denise" wrote:

On Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:02 PM
Denise wrote:

LACCDB file won't release
My multi-user dbs (backend file) does not always close the laccdb file even
though everyone tells me they have closed the database. When I try to run
compact and repair, the error message that the action cannot be performed
until the database is free. It names me as a ADMIN user.

Any explanation for this situation or tips?
Thanks.

On Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:34 PM
Jerry Whittle wrote:

At least one of your users does not have Delete privileges to the
At least one of your users does not have Delete privileges to the folder
holding that file. All users should have Read/Write/Create/Delete privileges
for the database file(s) and the entire folder holding it.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Denise" wrote:

On Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:56 AM
Denise wrote:

Thanks Jerry. Your answer was perfect.
Thanks Jerry. Your answer was perfect. After looking at all user permissions,
I discovered that one person was out-of-sync. I was then able to work with
our network people to get this straightened out. Not only was the laccdb
file staying locked, but this account was interfering with ability of other
users to fully use the database as intended.

More Fun with Fluent NHibernate Automapping
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/50aa9259-6dbb-4d16-9639-81ee42171b00/more-fun-with-fluent-nhib.aspx
From: david on
Go to your network administrator again. Ask him who has the file
open. Look in: Computer Management, System Tools, Shared Folders, Open
Files.

(david)

From: De Jager on