From: Jey on
My database is split into back and front ends. I already have one text field
that allows multiple values in a combo box with value list. When I add
another multiple value field, the front end gives an error message "the
search key was not found in any record". It works ok with the text field as a
single value only combo box with value list, it's only when I allow multiple
values that it gives the error. What is going on? as I said, there is already
a field that allows multiple values, and that one works just fine! As far as
I can tell, all the other parameters for the second field are set the same as
the first.
From: Allen Browne on
Try:
1. Delete the linked table from the front end.
2. Compact/repair the front end database.
3. Compact/repair the back end.
4. Open the front end, and link the table again.

Let us know how you go.

From: Jey on
That solved it, thanks! I've set them to compact on close, so hopefully I
won't run into that again.

From: Gina Whipp on
Jay,

Actually, setting your database to Compact on Close might very well cause
other issues. Maybe not *today* but most likely *tomorrow*. It is
recommended you uncheck that.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: Allen Browne on
Jay, hopefully you get that message.
What Gina is saying to you is important.