From: Malcolm McMaster on
Need some help on a basic question.
I have a list of constantly growing data & I would like the last entered value
in this list to copied to a fixed cell.
EG, if the last entered cell was say line 20 with value "A64" I would like
this value
to be posted to say A1 and as data is entered in line 20 this value would
replace
the contents of cell A1,make sence ?
Any help would be appreciated
From: Malcolm McMaster on
Sorry the second line 20 should read line 21

From: T. Valko on
>if the last entered cell was say line 20 with value "A64"

Ok, so I assume the data is TEXT.

Try this...

=LOOKUP("zzzzz",A2:A100)

Adjust for a reasonable end of range A100.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Malcolm McMaster" <MalcolmMcMaster(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C4D27514-B853-41F6-8F1C-064BDCBAB316(a)microsoft.com...

From: Teethless mama on
=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A100<>""),A1:A100)

From: Malcolm McM Malcolm on
Thanks for the help,