From: DanM on

Hello,

Can any one tell me witch calendar the lag is using?

What I mean is:

I have 2 activities. A and B, A is driving B with a lag. A has one
calendar and B has another calendar. Witch calendar is the lag using?

Regards

Dan

--
DanM
DanM's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/184017.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Jan De Messemaeker on

Hi,

B's calendar.
Greetings,
--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional

From: DanM on

With B�s Calendar, do you mean base calendar?

Thank you for a fast reply

Regards

Dan

From: salgud on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 07:06:53 -0500, DanM wrote:

> With B�s Calendar, do you mean base calendar?
>
> Thank you for a fast reply
>
> Regards
>
> Dan

Very confusing!
He meant Base Calendar.
From: Jim Aksel on
Microsoft Project uses the following types of calendars to determine resource
availability and the way tasks are scheduled:

Base calendar
A base calendar is used as a *template* that the project calendar (project
calendar: The base calendar used by a project.), resource calendars or task
calendars are based on. Three base calendars are provided with Project:

•Standard (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. weekdays, with an hour off for lunch)
•24-Hours
•Night Shift

So the base calendar is the template. If you make a new calendar, base it
off one of these. By default, the Standard calendar is assigned as the
Project Calendar for projects and project tasks.

What we do is make a copy of the Standard Calendar and call it "Company
Calendar". We input company holidays, shut down time, etc. We then assign
"Company Calendar" as the "Project Calendar" in Project/Project Options...

So to directly answer the question, the calendar assigned to predecessor is
the calendar of the successor (Task B). If Task B does not have a calendar
assigned to it, then project uses the same calendar that appears in
Project/Project Options.

If that calendar name happens to be one of the three base calendar names,
then so be it.

The point is subtle and probably I am being Nit Picky ... at any rate, I
gave you the two places to look for the calendar that will govern how lag is
handled in a predecessor/successor relationship.

--
Jim Aksel, MVP

Check my blog for more info:
http://www.msprojectblog.com