From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) on
Le Sat, 01 May 2010 08:52:18 +0200, vincent.diemunsch(a)gmail.com
<vincent.diemunsch(a)gmail.com> a écrit:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I wonder why Ada uses "/" to express the integer division and not
> "div".
Hello,

I suppose because Ada’s typed and has overloading, and you will probably
not want Ada to force you to create a new name each time you define a
similar function on different types. There is most of time no type hint in
function and procedure names in typical Ada source texte.

Are you possibly thinking about “div” because other language has this ?

--
No-no, this isn't an oops ...or I hope (TM) - Don't blame me... I'm just
not lucky