From: Leif Bloomquist on

"ramswell" <shifty_butch(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I want to figure out how to run a BBS directly from the C-64 without
> having to depend on a PC and without using an emulator.
> Basically,
> A PURE 64!

This anti-PC sentiment is interesting. Keep in mind, when someone calls
your BBS they will be going through Internet routers (which may even be PCs
or Sun workstations), through phone company switches (most definitely not
Commodore), and then to your DSL or Cable modem which probably runs embedded
Linux or QNX or similar. So having one more piece of non-C= equipment in
the chain really isn't a big deal (in my opinion.)

From: ramswell on
Yeah, I got a 56k hooked up to the turbo cart at the moment. I am
trying to set up a bbs.

Charles

From: ramswell on
Actually it's NOT ANTI SENTIMENT, so much as I am running a "PURE 64,"
and I want to keep things as compatible (for compatibility purposes) as
possible.

That's all.

Charles

From: James @ cbm264 on
Three words:

Dedicated phone line.

(Plus a modem, 1670 or one of the Aproteks would work.)

James
www.cbm264.com

From: ramswell on
Yeah I guess so. So I will be working on 2 things .....

#1) DUMPING OFF my lantronix UDS-10 (since I no longer have any need
of it)

and #2) Setting up my COLOR 64 V8 BBS (which I don't get)

Have a blessed day!!!!

Charles