From: ramswell on
Anybody ever figure out how to get a Lantronix UDS-10 Device to work
with a Turbo-232 (Swiftlink) Cartridge? I never could.

Any input is greatly appreciated...

Charles

From: Cameron Kaiser on
"ramswell" <shifty_butch(a)hotmail.com> writes:

> Anybody ever figure out how to get a Lantronix UDS-10 Device to work
>with a Turbo-232 (Swiftlink) Cartridge? I never could.

You need to be more specific about what software you're using. My UDS-10
works fine with my T232 using NovaTerm or HyperLink 2.5e.

--
Cameron Kaiser * ckaiser(a)floodgap.com * posting with a Commodore 128
personal page: http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/
From: ramswell on
Ok. I am using a C-64 with a CMD 4.3 HD, 16 MB ramlink, and a turbo-232
with Novaterm 9.6 and the UDS-10. I also have a MMC64, Silversurfer,
and the retro replay cart that goes with it (if any of this helps).

I want to figure out how to run a BBS directly from the C-64 without
having to depend on a PC and without using an emulator.

Basically,

A PURE 64!

Charles

From: Payton Byrd on
ramswell wrote:
> Ok. I am using a C-64 with a CMD 4.3 HD, 16 MB ramlink, and a turbo-232
> with Novaterm 9.6 and the UDS-10. I also have a MMC64, Silversurfer,
> and the retro replay cart that goes with it (if any of this helps).
>
> I want to figure out how to run a BBS directly from the C-64 without
> having to depend on a PC and without using an emulator.
>
> Basically,
>
> A PURE 64!
>
> Charles

You'll have to use a modem if you don't want to use a PC or some other
modem emulator. Or you can write your own BBS to use the UDS-10. You
may be able to modify an existing package such as Centipede as well.
From: Leif Bloomquist on

"Payton Byrd" <plbyrd(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> You'll have to use a modem if you don't want to use a PC or some other
> modem emulator. Or you can write your own BBS to use the UDS-10. You
> may be able to modify an existing package such as Centipede as well.

The UDS-10 is a modem emulator. The only question is whether it allows
incoming calls.

Given its original purpose (Internet access to Serial-only industrial
control/logging devices), I would be sure it's possible. But I've never
even seen one so I can't say how to go about it.