From: JayB on
that hard drive is great.
the size is fine and should work.
I dont use Casper so cant speak for what it could do,
but in theory, it should work,
provided that you copy all partitions on the hard drive in the same
order they appear,
and you set the active partition.
jay

From: Nate Nagel on
I just used a "Kingwin" usb to SATA adapter rather than a full case.
$12 on sale at my local computer emporium. Newegg has the WD3200BEJT
for only a couple dollars more. That provides a mechanism that protects
the platters from head crashes when the laptop is dropped while in use.
Dunno how useful that is to your friend. I have installed two of
those using the Acronis True Image software available free on WD's web
site (only works on WD drives though) no problems either time. One disk
has one bad sector the other is perfect. Much quieter than either of
the drives they replaced, too.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.