From: Kathy So on
My laptop (HP Pavilion dv1000) won't power up. When I hit the power button,
all the lights flash briefly, then nothing. I get the same result when using
the AC adapter, the battery or both. I have gotten a new AC adapter and same
thing. I have tried removing both the adapter and battery, holding the power
button down for 30 seconds. The same thing still happens. What should I
check next?

I'm a laptop newbie. Any help would be appreciated.

From: Kathy So on
Further details on my post: When the laptop is plugged into power supply,
the battery light (indicating battery is fully charged) is on solid .

If I hold down the power button, the lights will flash about every three
seconds. But, no startup.

From: Bruce Chambers on
Kathy So wrote:
> My laptop (HP Pavilion dv1000) won't power up. When I hit the power
> button, all the lights flash briefly, then nothing. I get the same
> result when using the AC adapter, the battery or both. I have gotten a
> new AC adapter and same thing. I have tried removing both the adapter
> and battery, holding the power button down for 30 seconds. The same
> thing still happens. What should I check next?
>
> I'm a laptop newbie. Any help would be appreciated.

Contact the manufacturer to obtain service; you'll need to have the
laptop's internal power supply replaced.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Kathy So on
Bummer. I was afraid it would be something like that, but I was hoping
otherwise. Would probably cost more than the laptop is worth. Thank you very
much for your help.

From: Yousuf Khan on
I see that there is a product recall on that product for its batteries.

HP Notebook PC Battery Pack Replacement Program
http://bpr.hpordercenter.com/hbpr/

Yousuf Khan