From: Nick Mirro on
I can't seem to switch from an "ad hoc" network on the road (laptop to
laptop) to the infrastructure network at home.

After I get home, I ensure that the ad hoc is disconnected and try to
log onto the infrastructure. It won't work. No other problems.
Should it be easy to switch between the two type?
From: LD55ZRA on
You need to right-click on the Wireless icon on the system tray and then
select "View Available Wireless Networks". You can now select the one you
are interested in and then click Connect button situated on bottom right
corner of the dialog.

Sometimes it is necessary to disconnect from the ones it has already
connected before it can connect quickly to your selected one but it does
connect eventually.

hth

From: Nick Mirro on
On Mar 16, 8:49 pm, "LD55ZRA" <LD55...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> You need to right-click on the Wireless icon on the system tray and then
> select "View Available Wireless Networks".  You can now select the one you
> are interested in and then click Connect button situated on bottom right
> corner of the dialog.
>
> Sometimes it is necessary to disconnect from the ones it has already
> connected before it can connect quickly to your selected one but it does
> connect eventually.
>
> hth
>
> "Nick Mirro" <nickmi...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I can't seem to switch from an "ad hoc" network on the road (laptop to
> > laptop) to the infrastructure network at home.
>
> > After I get home, I ensure that the ad hoc is disconnected and try to
> > log onto the infrastructure.  It won't work.  No other problems.
> > Should it be easy to switch between the two type?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your reply. This is what I tried.

Is there some problem with switching between ad-hoc and
infrastructure? I tried to let windows or the 3rd party app manage
the connection with no luck.