From: may tee on
I want to buy a spare SD Card. I want it to be compatible with older
devices. (So I don't want SDHC.)

What is the maximum capacity SD card I should get to avoid possible
incompatibilities?
From: larry moe 'n curly on

may tee wrote:

> I want to buy a spare SD Card. I want it to be compatible with older
> devices. (So I don't want SDHC.)
>
> What is the maximum capacity SD card I should get to avoid possible
> incompatibilities?

I have a Kodak C330 camera from 2005 that will not work with any SD
bigger than 1GB.

From: Ian D on

"may tee" <invalid(a)nospaml.com> wrote in message
>I want to buy a spare SD Card. I want it to be compatible with older
> devices. (So I don't want SDHC.)
>
> What is the maximum capacity SD card I should get to avoid possible
> incompatibilities?

The maximum non-SDHC capacity is 2GB, but there are
older devices that won't see, or use, more than 1GB. I
have a laptop that wouldn't recognize a 2GB SD card
when new, but a driver update fixed that.