From: may tee on
I want to buy a spare SD Card. I want it to be compatible with older
devices. (So I don't want SDHC.)

What is the maximum capacity SD card I should get to avoid possible
incompatibilities?
From: Jan Alter on
"may tee" <invalid(a)nospaml.com> wrote in message
>I want to buy a spare SD Card. I want it to be compatible with older
> devices. (So I don't want SDHC.)
>
> What is the maximum capacity SD card I should get to avoid possible
> incompatibilities?

I believe it would be 2 Gb
However, each individual device may have a limit on how large a SD size it
could read.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net

From: Brian Cryer on
"may tee" <invalid(a)nospaml.com> wrote in message
>I want to buy a spare SD Card. I want it to be compatible with older
> devices. (So I don't want SDHC.)
>
> What is the maximum capacity SD card I should get to avoid possible
> incompatibilities?

Unfortunatly this may depend a bit on your "older devices".

In general (as others have already posted) 2GB is going to be the limit. (If
you go above 2GB then you get an extra row of contacts on the card which
older devices are unlikely to be able to read.) However, from experience I
know this may depend on the device because my camera takes SD cards but
won't recognise any above 512MB.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian