From: Eric Maasdorp on
Hi any one know what is the last MSDN release applicable to VB6
From: Nobody on
"Eric Maasdorp" <EricMaasdorp(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi any one know what is the last MSDN release applicable to VB6

If you mean MSDN Library, it's "MSDN Library - October 2001". You can use
older ones too that were released after VB6.

From: Webbiz on
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 05:32:41 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com>
wrote:

>"Eric Maasdorp" <EricMaasdorp(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi any one know what is the last MSDN release applicable to VB6
>
>If you mean MSDN Library, it's "MSDN Library - October 2001". You can use
>older ones too that were released after VB6.

Yep, October 2001.

I have a newer one from MSDN, but found it would not install with VB6
some years ago.

Webbiz

From: MikeD on

"Webbiz" <nospam(a)noway.com> wrote in message

> Yep, October 2001.
>
> I have a newer one from MSDN, but found it would not install with VB6
> some years ago.

It's useful to have a later version (preferably THE latest) installed also
since it will contain documentation for API functions, etc. that are new in
later versions of Windows, most of which can be called from VB. It will also
include the documentation for API functions which have changed and/or
support new features. Commonly with such API functions, a structure is
passed and newer versions of Windows might support a larger structure to
provide the new capabilities. If you don't know about these, you could be
missing out on things you can do in your apps.

--
Mike

From: FM on
Is there a clear list somewhere of newer API functions that can be accessed
by VB? Something similar to an up to date allapi API Guide and Viewer would
be nice to find.

FM