From: za kAT on
On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 20:11:33 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

> I think all your passwords are stored on the Last Pass servers, somewhere in
> China.

Is this true?

--
zakAT(a)pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!
From: HeyBub on
za kAT wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 20:11:33 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
>
>> I think all your passwords are stored on the Last Pass servers,
>> somewhere in China.
>
> Is this true?

Not sure about China...

"first we have 2 data-centers in production service, second we store your
encrypted data on your local PC when you login, so that if LastPass.com
can't be reached, you can still login to the add-on and get to your
accounts. The website is usable without the add-on installed (the Encryption
and Decryption happens in JavaScript which you can see happen on some
forms), but we take advantage of faster encryption available in the add-ons
if they're available. We also have a mobile site m.lastpass.com if you're on
your phone."

I have no idea what that means.