From: Shakespeare on
I vaguely remember this has been asked and answered before, but can not
find the answer anymore:
Suppose I have a table in which a column has a value for some rows, and
none (null) for others. Is there a way to let a select statement (which
returns values from the current row) return the last non null value for
this column? So, in pseudo code:

select
col1,
col2,
"last-non-null value for col3"
from a_table
order by col1?

Thanks in advance,

Shakespeare
From: Michel Cadot on

"Shakespeare" <whatsin(a)xs4all.nl> a �crit dans le message de news: 4b5f4717$0$22934$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl...
|I vaguely remember this has been asked and answered before, but can not
| find the answer anymore:
| Suppose I have a table in which a column has a value for some rows, and
| none (null) for others. Is there a way to let a select statement (which
| returns values from the current row) return the last non null value for
| this column? So, in pseudo code:
|
| select
| col1,
| col2,
| "last-non-null value for col3"
| from a_table
| order by col1?
|

| Thanks in advance,
|
| Shakespeare

What about LAST_VALUE function?

Regards
Michel

From: Shakespeare on
Op 26-1-2010 20:56, Michel Cadot schreef:
> "Shakespeare"<whatsin(a)xs4all.nl> a �crit dans le message de news: 4b5f4717$0$22934$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl...
> |I vaguely remember this has been asked and answered before, but can not
> | find the answer anymore:
> | Suppose I have a table in which a column has a value for some rows, and
> | none (null) for others. Is there a way to let a select statement (which
> | returns values from the current row) return the last non null value for
> | this column? So, in pseudo code:
> |
> | select
> | col1,
> | col2,