|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
RMAN Mounting Database
I was looking at this RMAN script. I see these commands: STARTUP FORCE MOUNT ALTER DATABASE MOUNT STARTUP FORCE shuts it down and then restarts it and mounts it. So, why the ALTER DATABASE MOUNT? STARTUP FORCE MOUNT; RESTORE CONTROLFILE; ALTER DATABASE MOUNT; RESTORE DATABASE; RECOVER DATABASE; ... 13 Aug 2010 16:50
needed privileges for mat views
Hi ng, (Oracle 11.2.0.1.0, Linux) Following Situation: There are 3 schemas: DATA - holds all the data of my database WORKER - prepares the data for publishing, has select- privilege on all tables of DATA with admin option PUBLISHER - there should be stored the data prepared by WORKER in a MatView, h... 13 Aug 2010 13:34
external table problems
Hi, several problems with external tables (on a PC w/ Oracle 10g downloaded - I'm running Vista Home Premium - yes I know this isn' t exactly the right op sys but everything seems fine up til now - honest!): when I create an external table and write a pl/sql anonymous block which has a for i in (select * f... 7 Aug 2010 22:19
Triggers
Is there really any good way to track the changed columns in a trigger on an update? Say I have a table of 100 columns and I am doing some history recording into another table for 50 of those columns. Putting 50 IF statements is lame. Is there a better way to do it? Maybe something similar to DECODE(email... 13 Aug 2010 05:57
Oracle Import
We are exporting data from MySQL to Oracle. According to the developers the data from MySQL contains new lines and tabs (\n, \r, \t). Is there a way to retain that in the message? The data is being imported into a CLOB column. Are there CHR for that? I think there is more than just a replace, so, I'm looki... 6 Aug 2010 13:46
oracle data pump with virtual column
Hi, I'm using virtual columns and we've a datapump-solution for creating test-schemas with the recent data on an other machine. But all tables contenting virtual columns are empty due to an error while pumping (the error concerns the virtual columns). Now I've to transfer the content of the empty tables with gen... 6 Aug 2010 09:20
dynamic data on report bottom margin
Hello! I would like to create a footer at the bottom of the each page on report on Oracle Reports (Oracle 9/10 version). The footer data are unique for each record of the repeat/loop frame. The whole report contains 4 pages that is 4 invoice numbers (1 unique invoice number on each page). Is it possible to ... 29 Jul 2010 08:33
Date... Fixed Day, minus one month
Dear all It might be a trivial issue for you.. but it keeps me busy and I'd be glad for help. Lets say, we now have "23.07.2010 13:45:21" as dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss. I like to get the following date 20.06.2010. This is "today minus one month" and "always day 20". What I have currently is: TO_CHAR(ADD_MONTHS(... 6 Aug 2010 04:58
Insert > 2499
I have some insert statements with values that are > 2500 characters. I cannot make it a .CSV because the text has commas in it. It is a bunch of HTML. Any suggestions? Example: INSERT INTO MESSAGES (message_id, sec_id, variables, name, body, created, last_changed, created_by, changed_by, status) VALUES(5, 5... 28 Jul 2010 08:31
Multiple Java requirements in CA (Only local candidates required)
Hello Partners, We have urgent Multiple Java requirements in San Francisco, CA. Please send resume only at amitsingh(a)satincorp.com ****Only local candidates**** Position 1: J2EE with BEA Portal Rate: Low Location: San Francisco, CA Duration: 6 months Job Description: We are looking for strong J2EE De... 20 Jul 2010 12:25
Multiple SAP CRM requirements for Direct client
Hi, Please find the all open SAP requirements and let me know on which you are interested and fit. In case you are not available please forward this requirement to your friend or colleague that you think might be interested. Location: Greensboro, NC o Role: SAP CRM Functional Lead consultant 1. Stron... 20 Jul 2010 12:25
Oracle Calendar: unicpoutu misses entries
(This is about Oracle Calendar, not the oracle database product. I could not find a more appropriate newsgroup, but if anyone knows of one please let me know!) I'm using the "unicpoutu" command to save user's meetings to a text file. In cases where users have a large number of meetings (say over 300), some of t... 20 Jul 2010 01:36
sqlplus cannot connect to DB
Hi all, I'm trying to connect to my dataserver via sqlplus, version 10.2.0.4.0 on a Solaris 10 machine. I'm not sure of the server version. I can connect to this server via sql developer from my Windows laptop. But on my Solaris machine, it simply times out and asks for username again. I tried to see if sqlplus ... 16 Jul 2010 16:33
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11