First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Oracle Materialized Views in a RAC
We have a source database which is Oracle 11g RAC. The target database is a stand laone database (11g). We need to create Materialized View in the Target database based on tables in the RAC source database. The Refresh method is Refresh Fast on Demand. Is the process of creating Materialized View Logs in a R... 10 Apr 2010 10:10
Can OLAP cubes containing summaries, be used for queries for single subscriber?
Are OLAP cubes meant only for the cases where the aggregate operations are involved for major set of records? I have a case where I have to maintain the OLAP cubes to give the summary of the Customer transactions, and any point of time, the query will always be meant for a single Customer. Can I use OLAP cubes f... 8 Apr 2010 02:53
Can OLAP cubes be used, when Application always queries for single
Are OLAP cubes meant only for the cases where the aggregate operations are involved for major set of records? I have a case where I have to maintain the OLAP cubes to give the summary of the Customer transactions, and any point of time, the query will always be meant for a single Customer. Can I use OLAP cubes f... 8 Apr 2010 02:53
Determine max concurrent calls
Hi all, I have a table with details of phone calls. The call date is given as DD-MMM-YYYY HH:MI:SS. I have a couple of other fields that give the duration as DUR_MM and DUR_SS. So an example record would be SRC_NUM, DEST_NUM, CALL_DATE, DUR_MM, DUR_SS 444-1212, 555-2323, 04-APR-2010, 05, 38. So this would be a ... 8 Apr 2010 00:41
how to browse all sys_context(...) values?
listing funcs and procs
Hi, anyone have code snippets on how to list out user functions and procedures? perhaps there is a table or view that contains this information, like user_procs or user_funcs or something like that. Thanks, Sean ... 2 Apr 2010 10:22
Location Intelligence demo
Quick demo on the power of Location Intelligence to visualise your data http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhD1NtNdj8E ... 30 Mar 2010 08:18
Datamart vs OLAP cubes?
In some of the other posts that I have posted, I have mentioned the business usecase that I'm dealing with. Anyway, here is a brief overview of what we are working on: Our Dataware house contains the data retrieved from many data sources, and all the data are somehow related to the information specific to our Cu... 30 Mar 2010 05:01
dbstart with wrong shell / wrong systax
John D Groenveld wrote: My dbora init.d(4) script invokes dbstart like this: su - $ORA_OWNER -c "ksh $ORA_HOME/bin/dbstart" I've choosen your solution as it avoids modifying Oracle code. Thank you John for your help. kind regards Sven ... 16 Apr 2010 01:50
ORA-19804: cannot reclaim nnnnnnn bytes disk space from nnnnnnnnnn limit
I have a windowsXP with Oracle 10g installed and using RMAN backup. I got an error as below, someone set the RMAN backup before I take over this project. I am still learning how to use RMAN, but I need to resolve the problem. Please help. ORA-19804: cannot reclaim nnnnnnnnn bytes disk space from nnnnnnnnnnnn limi... 25 Mar 2010 11:26
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last