First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
best easy oracle report writer?
I've got some simple reports to generate. It would be nice if they could be put on the web and also generate PDFs. These reports are for internal consumption and probably will use just a small percentage of any software's feature set, so I would prefer cheap and simple over complex and full featured. Any recs... 10 Nov 2009 14:04
Oracle9i Client - where is it ? ....
Palooka wrote: I have been scouring the Oracle website, but cannot find any download for the Oracle9i Client. Use the 10g client. One question: does 11g client work with 9i2 RDBMS or not? i.e. may from sqlplus on a machine that has 11g client installed reach a 9i2 db? Thanks ... 4 Nov 2009 13:04
troubleshooting Change Notification Registrations?
I've got a program that uses OCI Change Notification callbacks. On my test system, everything works perfectly... I get a callback every time I modify my table. On my production system, I never get a callback. An odd thing I've noticed: when running SELECT CALLBACK FROM USER_CHANGE_NOTIFICATION_REGS ... 28 Oct 2009 17:21
Using a case within a simple update
Hi all, I'm trying to do something like this. update myTable case length(duration) when 8 then set hours = substr(duration,1,2) else set hours = substr(duration,1, 1) end case Depending on the length of the 'duration' field, I'm trying to extract either the first or the first two characters. It ain't work... 15 Oct 2009 23:49
Collect function
HI all, I'm trying to use the collect() function (mentioned in my earlier post in this ng) but it, well, collects all values. Is there any way of avoiding duplicates? What I'm trying to do is this: select collect(a1), a2, a3, a4 from A group by a2, a3, a4. Thanks, Sashi ... 29 Sep 2009 11:51
Oracle9i Client - where is it ? ....
Hi there, I have been scouring the Oracle website, but cannot find any download for the Oracle9i Client. I want to use MS Access to make a ODBC connection to an exiting Oracle9i database, and want to install these drivers on to a Win XP machine. Any suggestions ? ... Regards Frederick ... 17 Sep 2009 11:15
ORA-00904 over DBLINK
Hi, I have a cursor which queries some tables over a DBLINK. The remote database is Oracle 8.1.7.4 and package is being compiled on 10.2.0.3 Since this morning I am getting the below error message while trying to compile the package: 112/10 PL/SQL: ORA-00904: "MIL"."ORGANIZATION_ID": invalid identif... 3 Sep 2009 07:21
get the sid,serial# of my connection?
How can I programmatically get the SID and SERIAL# for my connection from a client side program? Many tia! Mark -- Mark Harrison Pixar Animation Studios ... 24 Dec 2008 12:25
ORA-27369: job of type EXECUTABLE failed with exit code: Permission denied
Hi I was trying to set up a test job in Enterprise manager and I got this error when it tried running the script. I've created the script on a RAC cluster . It contains the following: #!/bin/ksh .. /oracle/.kshrc env >> /tmp/t.txt which sqlplus >> /tmp/t.txt sqlplus scott/abc(a)ORACLE123<<-! set serv... 17 Dec 2008 17:57
What's the default database administrator username in the Orcale 10g world?
Gurus, What's the default database administrator username in the Oracle 10g world? For MS SQL Server it is "SA". But someone told me for Oracle it was actually several names, including one called "SYS". Is that true? -- Spin ... 10 Nov 2008 10:05