First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Streams Replication: Is Supplemental logging mandatory?
On Mar 19, 5:46 am, Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhik...(a)gmail.com> wrote: Is Supplemental logging mandatory when using streams Replication ? I am trying to replicate about 100 plus tables in a schema. All the tables in the source database have a primary key. Do I need to create supplmental logs ? Thanks i... 11 May 2010 05:40
ORA-19804: cannot reclaim nnnnnnn bytes disk space from nnnnnnnnnn limit
On Mar 25, 3:57 pm, moongeegee <moongee...(a)gmail.com> wrote: I have a windowsXP with Oracle 10g installed and using RMAN backup. I got an error as below, someone set the RMAN backup before I take over this project. I am still learning how to use RMAN, but I need to resolve the problem. Please help. OR... 11 May 2010 05:40
Oracle Materialized Views in a RAC
On Apr 9, 3:42 am, Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhik...(a)gmail.com> wrote: We have a source database which is Oracle 11g RAC. The target database is a stand laone database (11g). We need to create Materialized View in the Target database based on tables in the RAC source database. The Refresh method is Refr... 11 May 2010 10:01
Who is blocking the record I want to edit?
Hello, My Business case: In a Multiuser application the users need exclusive access to records in a table, to avoid lost updates. My solution: If a user presses the "Edit"-button, "SELECT * FROM table FOR UPDATE NOWAIT WHERE Keycolumn = :myid" is executed. Then he can edit the values in the application, and... 15 May 2010 14:48
Understanding PL/SQL tables and such
Hi, I've created some code that uses PL/SQL type of OBJECT. I used an example I found. The code works fine, but I am trying to understand exactly 'how' it works. Please see this: create TYPE article_record_type AS OBJECT (username VARCHAR2(30), user_id NUMBER, article_id NUMB... 11 May 2010 03:31
Target and Auxiliary have different OS and version of Oracle
The target is Window server 2003 with 10g 10.2.0.2.0 oracle and the Auxiliary is Windows XP with 10g 10.2.0.1.0 oracle. Can I user rman duplicate database to duplicate database from target to auxiliary ? ... 12 May 2010 04:47
Select statement that returns field size?
I am using 10g. I want to do a select statement that will give me the name of the fields in a table. And I also want to know the field type and field size. Can this be done? Regards ... 11 May 2010 03:31
oracle forms on win 2003 terminal server
Hello, we have a forms application and would like to run it on a windows 2003 terminal server, but the user experience is very bad. When the user types the letters appeare on screen slowly. We have Jinitiator 1.3.1.30 installed. Does anyone know a solution ? Thanks Andreas ... 30 Apr 2010 15:05
select last time for ordering - complex sql
Hi all Basically I have this, which gives me a tree of the product and subasseblies. SELECT level, stuff from products CONNECT BY PRIOR products.subpart = products.product START WITH products = 'productname' Now, they want to know delevery times for the last time when the parts were ordered, this goes like... 28 Apr 2010 11:41
Datenbank Design Tool gesucht
Hallo! Ich bin auf der Suche nach einem Datenbank-Design-Tool, hauptsächlich für Oracle. Folgende Features sollten vorhanden sein: -ER-Diagramme -Capturen von vorhandenen Datenbanken -Unterstützung von Tabellen, Views, Funktionen, stored Proceduren in Packages, Trigger, Sequenzen, Indizes (normale und funktio... 27 Apr 2010 11:00