From: sandeep pande on
On Mar 19, 5:46 am, Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhik...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Is Supplemental logging mandatory when using streams Replication ?
>
> I am trying to replicate about 100 plus tables in a schema. All the
> tables in the source database have a primary key. Do I need to create
> supplmental logs ?
>
> Thanks in Advance.

Hi,
Supplemental logging places additional column data into a redo log
whenever an operation is performed.
A capture process captures this additional information and places it
in LCRs. Supplemental logging is always configured at a source
database, regardless of location of the capture process that captures
changes to the source database.

Supplemental logging is required in Streams replication environments.

Regards
Sandy