From: Curtis on

In the source sheet
COL AB = recent cost
COL W = latest purchase date (format mm/dd/yyyy)
COL A = Part number

I need to identify the latest cost of each part number based on the criteria
above. The price can change in the month so I need the most recent price as
determined in Column W

thanks
--
ce
From: Don Guillett on

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett(a)gmail.com

From: Glenn on
Curtis wrote:
> In the source sheet
> COL AB = recent cost
> COL W = latest purchase date (format mm/dd/yyyy)
> COL A = Part number
>
> I need to identify the latest cost of each part number based on the criteria
> above. The price can change in the month so I need the most recent price as
> determined in Column W
>
> thanks

The following array formula (commit with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) assumes that you have
the part number you wish to look up in AC2:

=INDEX(AB:AB,MAX(IF((A2:A100=AC2)*
(W2:W100=MAX(IF(A2:A100=AC2,W2:W100,""))),
ROW(A2:A100),"")))
From: Don Guillett on

=IF($A10="","",INDEX(colD,MAX(IF((colG=$A10)*(colB=K$8),ROW(colI)-5))))

defined names for the block starting at row 6
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel