From: Matthew Arkin on
On 5/16/2010 5:19 PM, Jackie wrote:
> On 5/16/2010 22:50, Matthew Arkin wrote:
>> Thanks for all your help, I'll see if I can get it to work.
>
> In case you would like to see my C/C++ code for reference, I put it up
> here:
> http://pastebin.com/rFi4UrQ3
>
> I used QueryFullProcessImageName instead of GetModuleFileNameEx to not
> depend on psapi.dll.
>
> Should hopefully be easy to convert it to C# with some help from
> PInvoke. Good luck! :)

Hi Jackie,
I found this class at
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/miscctrl/hide_vista_start_orb.aspx
Which allowed me to just hide the taskbar, and with RemoteApp even if
the user clicked my app window, if they click the button that loads the
RDP, all their work is still their. Now I just need to add some code to
block any bad keystrokes and that should be it.

Thanks for all your time and help.

Matt
Windows Desktop Experience MVP
From: Jackie on
On 5/17/2010 02:21, Matthew Arkin wrote:
> On 5/16/2010 5:19 PM, Jackie wrote:
>> On 5/16/2010 22:50, Matthew Arkin wrote:
>>> Thanks for all your help, I'll see if I can get it to work.
>>
>> In case you would like to see my C/C++ code for reference, I put it up
>> here:
>> http://pastebin.com/rFi4UrQ3
>>
>> I used QueryFullProcessImageName instead of GetModuleFileNameEx to not
>> depend on psapi.dll.
>>
>> Should hopefully be easy to convert it to C# with some help from
>> PInvoke. Good luck! :)
>
> Hi Jackie,
> I found this class at
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/miscctrl/hide_vista_start_orb.aspx
> Which allowed me to just hide the taskbar, and with RemoteApp even if
> the user clicked my app window, if they click the button that loads the
> RDP, all their work is still their. Now I just need to add some code to
> block any bad keystrokes and that should be it.
>
> Thanks for all your time and help.
>
> Matt
> Windows Desktop Experience MVP

Oh I see. I am glad that works well for you. Good luck! :)
From: David Ching on
"Matthew Arkin" <admin(a)arkinsupport.com> wrote in message
> B) is there a way to embed RDP into the app (I can use WPF or WinForm)

Just today I stumbled onto the Microsoft RDP Client Control that appears in
the Choose Toolbox Items dialog in the COM Components tab of Visual Studio,
so it does seem there is already an ActiveX control for you to be able to
put into your app. Search "microsoft rdp client control" or "Remote Desktop
ActiveX Control" for more info.

-- David

From: Jeff Johnson on
"Matthew Arkin" <admin(a)arkinsupport.com> wrote in message

> Matthew Arkin
> Windows Desktop Experience MVP

May I recommend that you don't cross-post between the MS public and private
groups? Not that it's going to matter for much longer, but, you know....