From: jon on
Hi

I am planning to implement a LeGall 5/3 wavelet in the lifting form on a DSP chip. I have looked through a few papers and have the two equations I need for the high and low pass output for 1D. I would like to run the wavelet in Matlab so that I can compare the output of my DSP and verify it. Can someone tell me the functions I need to use in the Wavelet toolbox along with any parameters I need to use the above wavelet.

Thanks

Jon
From: Wayne King on
"jon " <johnbean_uk(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message <i4382o$nv$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi
>
> I am planning to implement a LeGall 5/3 wavelet in the lifting form on a DSP chip. I have looked through a few papers and have the two equations I need for the high and low pass output for 1D. I would like to run the wavelet in Matlab so that I can compare the output of my DSP and verify it. Can someone tell me the functions I need to use in the Wavelet toolbox along with any parameters I need to use the above wavelet.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

Hi Jon, you can use wavemngr() to add your scaling and wavelet filters to the toolbox. Then you can call them with toolbox functions.

Wayne
From: jon on
Wayne

I really want to just use one of the built in functions in the toolbox to run the LeGall 5/3 lifting wavelet on some data and then compare it to the hardware output. The thing is I dont what function in Matlab to use.

Thanks

Jon
From: Wayne King on
"jon " <johnbean_uk(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message <i43ekt$p1i$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> Wayne
>
> I really want to just use one of the built in functions in the toolbox to run the LeGall 5/3 lifting wavelet on some data and then compare it to the hardware output. The thing is I dont what function in Matlab to use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

Hi Jon, the function lwt() implements a 1-D lifting transform.

Wayne
From: jon on
So if I have the following 2 equations :-

H = Y(2n+1) = X(2n+1) &#8211; (X(2n) + X(2n+2) / 2) = High Pass
L = Y(2n) = X(2n) + (Y(2n-1) + Y(2n+1) + 2 / 4) = Low Pass
Y = Output data
X = Input data

How would I implement this using the lwt function?

Thanks

Jon

Pages: 1
Prev: filter design