From: George on
I have two columns of dollar amounts I want to add, E & F,and subtract the
third, G, and the results in column H.

So I entered the formula =Sum(E2+F2-G2) down column H and that works but it
automatically enters $0.00 down the column.

So I entered the following formula down column H and that got rid of the
$0.00 unless there is a value in E, F or G but if the results just happens to
total $0.00 then column H remains blank, I don't want that.

=IF(E2+F2-G2<>0,(E2+F2-G2),"")

How can I tweak this formula to leave column H only blank when there isn't
anything entered.

Thanks
From: Emece on
George, assuming the case is that sometimes you have E,F, and G with no data,
this formula should help:

=IF(COUNTA(E2:G2)>0;(E2+F2-G2);" ")

Regards,
Emece.-

From: George on
Emece - If tried to enter the formula in column H and I get an error message
that it contains a typo, won't except it.

George

From: Teethless mama on
=IF(COUNT(E2:G2)>0,E2+F2-G2,"")

From: Dave Peterson on
Try using commas instead of the semicolons:

=IF(COUNTA(E2:G2)>0,E2+F2-G2,"")

I removed the ()'s from the E2+F2-G2 portion and I removed the space from the
final string.

--

Dave Peterson
 |  Next  |  Last