From: Emece on
I have the following data:

Client January February March (and so on until December)
A 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
B 1 1 1 1 1 1

Each time I visit a client, I enter a 1 in the corresponding cell. I want to
detail, in a separate range, how many times I visit a client in each month.

Trying to clarify a bit more: I want to have a list in a cell with the
clients, a list in another cell with the months, and when I choose for
example A, February, to obtain a 3.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Emece.-
From: Teethless mama on
Assuming your data A1:M3
Criteria A10: A, B10: February

=LEN(SUBSTITUTE(INDEX(A1:M3,MATCH(A10,A1:A3,0),MATCH(B10,A1:M1,0))," ",))

From: Emece on
Thank you very much for your help. I am sure it is the right answer altough
it didn't work in all cases. I think this is because I have merged cells in
the sheet, so in some cases I get the error #REF!

For example I have January merged from cells E1 to J1, and below six cells
where I enter a 1 for each visit to the client.

I don't want to bother you, but is there a possibility for me to send you
the worksheet so you can see it? I really need this to work properly.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Emece.-

From: Emece on
Thanks for your answer. I am sure that is the correct function, although it
doesn't work correctly in all cases. I think this is because I have merged
cells in the worksheet. I don't want to bother you too much, but can I
possibly send you the worksheet so you can check this? I really need this to