From: Paul on
Hi Everyone,
I have Been Doing some Housekeeping of my PC.
I Deleted the Temporary Internet Files ( Including Offline Content )
through Start/Control Panel/Internet Options/Delete Temporary Internet
Files.

However, when I Checked I STILL had the Following in the C:\Documents
and Settings\Paul\Local Settins\Temp Directory :-

DMP Files
HTML Documents
MTX Files
Text Documents
XML Documents

Can Any of these be Safely DELETED Please.

Also in the Directory C:\Windows\Temp I have a Long List of Folders
with Letters & Numbers which are EMPTY Except for Two. They are :-

irst.dll - InstallShield(R)Software RunTime DLL
irst.dll - InstallShield(R)Software RunTime Dynamic Link Library

Can these be Safely DELETED Please.

There is Also a Folder in the Same Directory C:\Windows\Temp\~rnsetup
which have :-

~rnsetup - pncrt.dll - Real Networks C/C++ Runtime Library
~rnsetup - pnrs3260.dll - Resources Manager

Can these be Safely DELETED.

Also in the Directory C:\Windows\Temp\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5 I have 4 Folders with Letters & Numbers which are
EMPTY. Can these be Safely DELETED.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

From: Alias on

"Paul" <paul_black27(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
> I have Been Doing some Housekeeping of my PC.
> I Deleted the Temporary Internet Files ( Including Offline Content )
> through Start/Control Panel/Internet Options/Delete Temporary Internet
> Files.
>
> However, when I Checked I STILL had the Following in the C:\Documents
> and Settings\Paul\Local Settins\Temp Directory :-
>
> DMP Files
> HTML Documents
> MTX Files
> Text Documents
> XML Documents
>
> Can Any of these be Safely DELETED Please.
>

> Also in the Directory C:\Windows\Temp I have a Long List of Folders
> with Letters & Numbers which are EMPTY Except for Two. They are :-
>
> irst.dll - InstallShield(R)Software RunTime DLL
> irst.dll - InstallShield(R)Software RunTime Dynamic Link Library
>
> Can these be Safely DELETED Please.
>

> There is Also a Folder in the Same Directory C:\Windows\Temp\~rnsetup
> which have :-
>
> ~rnsetup - pncrt.dll - Real Networks C/C++ Runtime Library
> ~rnsetup - pnrs3260.dll - Resources Manager
>
> Can these be Safely DELETED.

Yes to both above after a reboot.

> Also in the Directory C:\Windows\Temp\Temporary Internet
> Files\Content.IE5 I have 4 Folders with Letters & Numbers which are
> EMPTY. Can these be Safely DELETED.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> All the Best.
> Paul

No, leave those alone. After you're done with that, do a defrag.

Alias

From: Paul on
Thanks for the Reply Alias,

Out of Interest, what are MTX Files Please.
I thought that DLL files were VERY Difficult to Get Rid Of, and were
Best Left Well Alone.

I will DELETE Everything Mentioned Above EXCEPT those in the Directory
C:\Windows\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 which has 4
Folders with Letters & Numbers and are EMPTY.

Thanks for your Help.
Allt he Best.
Paul

From: Alias on
If XP doesn't want you to delete them, it won't let you. I'm not sure what
MTX files are but if they're in the temp file, they can go unless they are
being used by some program and, if so, XP won't let you delete them.

If you really want to have some fun, take a look in your Java temp files :-)

Alias

From: Paul on
Thanks Alias,

I Did a Google Search to Try and Find Out what MTX Files are But
Without Any Success.

Thanks for your Time.
All the Best.
Paul