From: Dan on
I recently purchased a vx-5000 to run on windows 7 computer. I downloaded the
most recent software (version 3.0). After installation all I get for video is
multicolored static. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software and
switched USB slots and get the same result. Does anyone have a fix for this?
From: Bob I on
Since it has never worked, I would suggest you return it and get a
working unit.

From: Paul on
Dan wrote:
> I recently purchased a vx-5000 to run on windows 7 computer. I downloaded the
> most recent software (version 3.0). After installation all I get for video is
> multicolored static. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software and
> switched USB slots and get the same result. Does anyone have a fix for this?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=014&active_tab=systemRequirements

Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later

The first thing I'd be curious about, is whether the camera reports
its identity correctly. The identity of web cams is programmable,
which also implies that it can be corrupted. If that happens (permanent
corruption, no matter what computer it is used with), return the
product and get another.

*******

At least one of the symptoms in this thread, is a camera that doesn't identify
itself correctly. Maybe the camera needs firmware loaded to work properly ?

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-CN/w7hardware/thread/43fe653a-1294-4e0a-9657-f3a5cc17dd9e

Before taking it back, I'd try testing it with some other OS.

Paul