From: NHAnimator on
We scan a number of photographs and are getting light streaks across
all images. We have about 750,000 scans completed - a variety of older
paper documents and photographs. We recently replaced the front and
rear image sensor covers as these were quite scratched and they seemed
like the obvious problem. But we were wrong.

Suggestions?>

Thanks,
John
From: Don Phillipson on
"NHAnimator" <NHAnimator(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> We scan a number of photographs and are getting light streaks across
> all images. We have about 750,000 scans completed - a variety of older
> paper documents and photographs. We recently replaced the front and
> rear image sensor covers as these were quite scratched and they seemed
> like the obvious problem. But we were wrong.
>
> Suggestions?>

Omitted by the OP:
1. Do the errors repeat uniformly (same image under same
conditions) or occur at random?
2. Hardware, e.g. if the scanner is connected via USB does
its cable have RF filters?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: Talker on
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:22:32 -0500, "Don Phillipson"
<e925(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote:

>"NHAnimator" <NHAnimator(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> We scan a number of photographs and are getting light streaks across
>> all images. We have about 750,000 scans completed - a variety of older
>> paper documents and photographs. We recently replaced the front and
>> rear image sensor covers as these were quite scratched and they seemed
>> like the obvious problem. But we were wrong.
>>
>> Suggestions?>
>
>Omitted by the OP:
>1. Do the errors repeat uniformly (same image under same
>conditions) or occur at random?
>2. Hardware, e.g. if the scanner is connected via USB does
>its cable have RF filters?

I don't know if your scanning software has this, but my scanning
software has a "Calibrate" button. I had white lines (bands) appear
on my scans one day and I clicked on the "Calbrate" button and that
solved the problem.

Talker