From: Poppe on
Hello

Is there a way i can run a process, and limit it's CPU usage with some
in-built windows command? Or maybe run it with low priority?

Can you recommend some external program that enables me to do this?

I have a problem with a certain process running over the roof, causing CPU
problems.

Thanks!

From: Poppe on
Or is there a way i can change the priority of a running process from the
command line?

Thanks!

From: John John - MVP on
You can use the START command. For more information do START /? at a
command prompt.

John

From: Questor on
--->
> Or is there a way i can change the priority of a running process from the
> command line?
>
> Thanks!

Once the process starts, you could use the Task Manager. Right click on
the task and choose "Set Priority" and select a priority from the slide-out.

Questor
From: Poppe on
Hello and thanks for suggestions

Does anybody know how to do this from the command line?

The situation is that the users are very basic, and they don't know how to
use task manager. So i should somehow automate the process priority setting,
so they don't have to do it manually.

Maybe use vbscript or something?