From: Nathan on
Windows update keeps nagging me to install this update but it does not
install.
I get:
"Some updates could not be installed"
"The following updates were not installed"
"Microsoft .NET.... (KB951847)x86"
No other error messages to give me a clue why it doesn't install.
Disabled AVG virus protection but it didn't help.
Tried in safe mode but it didn't work either.
How do I get out from this annoyance?
Thanks,
Nathan
From: Questor on
Have you looked at your Windows Event Viewer? If an update is not for
your system, then an entry in the "System" portion will say so. Usually
this is shown with a yellow triangle 'warning'.

If this is the case, you can uncheck the update next time it comes up,
When you OK the updates a dialog box will appear telling you that update
"KBwhatever" will not be installed; check (or uncheck - I don't
remember) the box for 'hide this update'. you won't see it again.

Questor

--->
From: Nathan on
Questor wrote:
> Have you looked at your Windows Event Viewer? If an update is not for
> your system, then an entry in the "System" portion will say so. Usually
> this is shown with a yellow triangle 'warning'.
>
> If this is the case, you can uncheck the update next time it comes up,
> When you OK the updates a dialog box will appear telling you that update
> "KBwhatever" will not be installed; check (or uncheck - I don't
> remember) the box for 'hide this update'. you won't see it again.
>
> Questor
>

> --->
>> Windows update keeps nagging me to install this update but it does not
>> install.
>> I get:
>> "Some updates could not be installed"
>> "The following updates were not installed"
>> "Microsoft .NET.... (KB951847)x86"
>> No other error messages to give me a clue why it doesn't install.
>> Disabled AVG virus protection but it didn't help.
>> Tried in safe mode but it didn't work either.
>> How do I get out from this annoyance?
>> Thanks,
>> Nathan
All I see there is the red icon and error nothing else.
From: nass on

"Nathan" wrote:

> Windows update keeps nagging me to install this update but it does not
> install.
> I get:
> "Some updates could not be installed"
> "The following updates were not installed"
> "Microsoft .NET.... (KB951847)x86"
> No other error messages to give me a clue why it doesn't install.
> Disabled AVG virus protection but it didn't help.
> Tried in safe mode but it didn't work either.
> How do I get out from this annoyance?
> Thanks,
> Nathan
> .

Hi Nathan,
Please take a look into this thread about this KB here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin&tid=dae22505-59a8-4b49-8f73-955867ef002d&cat=en_US_649a30ca-5c6a-454c-995f-663a9bdbd12f&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1

HTH

From: Nathan on
nass wrote:

> "Nathan" wrote:
>
>> Windows update keeps nagging me to install this update but it does not
>> install.
>> I get:
>> "Some updates could not be installed"
>> "The following updates were not installed"
>> "Microsoft .NET.... (KB951847)x86"
>> No other error messages to give me a clue why it doesn't install.
>> Disabled AVG virus protection but it didn't help.
>> Tried in safe mode but it didn't work either.
>> How do I get out from this annoyance?
>> Thanks,
>> Nathan
>> .
>

> Hi Nathan,
> Please take a look into this thread about this KB here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin&tid=dae22505-59a8-4b49-8f73-955867ef002d&cat=en_US_649a30ca-5c6a-454c-995f-663a9bdbd12f&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1
>

> HTH

Unfortunately this is all related to RDP session and KB969947 not much
to do with my problem.
I thought that Microsoft will be a little more helpful here.
Nathan
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Limit CPU usage