From: AA Arens on
If I make a report one field displays limited amount of characters
(252) while another field has no limitation.
Both fields has format "Memo" and data of the respective fields is
filled form the same form and is stored in the same table.

Access 2003.

Bart
From: John Spencer on
Do you mean both fields are memo fields?

Have you applied any formatting to the memo field or control that is being
truncated (to 255 characters)? Using the format property on a control that is
bound to a memo field will truncate the memo field to 255 characters when it
is displayed.

You will also see the same behavior if you apply the formatting in the query.

--

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
From: AA Arens on
On Jun 23, 8:17 pm, John Spencer <JSPEN...(a)Hilltop.umbc> wrote:
> Do you mean both fields are memo fields?
>
> Have you applied any formatting to the memo field or control that is being
> truncated (to 255 characters)?  Using the format property on a control that is
> bound to a memo field will truncate the memo field to 255 characters when it
> is displayed.
>
> You will also see the same behavior if you apply the formatting in the query.
>
> AA Arens wrote:
> > If I make a report one field displays limited amount of characters
> > (252) while another field has no limitation.
> > Both fields has format "Memo" and data of the respective fields is
> > filled form the same form and is stored in the same table.
>
> > Access 2003.
>
> > Bart
>
> --
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County

What I mean one field on the report has limited amount of characters
while another field is filled will all the text. Both coming from two
fields on the Form.
I found out in the Table, both of the fields are formatted Memo with
no limitations in lengths.

Where should I check?

Bart
From: John Spencer on
Did you check the control on the report and make sure it has no format applied?

From: Salad on
John Spencer wrote:
> Did you check the control on the report and make sure it has no format
> applied?

He could also create a new report. Let's say a record, ID 50, has 2
memo fields that exceed 255 chars.
Select * from Table1 where ID = 50
Save as Query1. Then use a wizerd to create a new report. See if that
works.

Also, is the field set to CanGrow = No?