From: ghillie30 on
In Outlook 2007, if I include a link as part of a message, is there a way to
get a read receipt not only for the message but also for the link? If not,
can I make a custom receipt where the recipient could indicate that he did
open the link and read the document? We're trying to find a way to be sure
that our employees read a policy manual that's on a network drive. Thanks in
advance for any help.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"ghillie30" <ghillie30(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In Outlook 2007, if I include a link as part of a message, is there a way to
> get a read receipt not only for the message but also for the link?

There's no way to guarantee receiving a read receipt. Many people who get a
receipt request will disregard it. I would.

> If not,
> can I make a custom receipt where the recipient could indicate that he did
> open the link and read the document? We're trying to find a way to be sure
> that our employees read a policy manual that's on a network drive. Thanks in
> advance for any help.

Make sure the web page to which the link directs them asks for their corporate
username and records it in a file. Then, at some set time in the future when
the results should be complete, analyze the file to make sure everyone's
username shows up.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]