From: SQL on
We have a link server I am tryinjg to connect and insert into a table
that has a unique primary key index. Default server option is identity
insert on. I tried chaging identity insert off via source server but
it would not let me. Please let me know if you have any specific ideas
on how I can make this work.
From: Erland Sommarskog on
SQL (texassqldba(a)gmail.com) writes:
> We have a link server I am tryinjg to connect and insert into a table
> that has a unique primary key index. Default server option is identity
> insert on. I tried chaging identity insert off via source server but
> it would not let me. Please let me know if you have any specific ideas
> on how I can make this work.

IDENTITY_INSERT is not a server option, it's a session option and
is per table. You cannot set it for a table on a linked server, since
that table is access through a session on the linked server.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Pages: 1
Prev: Help with SQL Query
Next: no answer?